This was one very rare opportunity to have a picture with both of my parents seconds before ringing in the new year…thanks to my brother for arranging it and for my other brother who took it! I’m hoping this is a reflection of all the things that I yearn for that are to happen more frequently in my 2016. I woke up this morning from a dream where I was making up a new word for my year…wait for it…wait for it…Fun.A.Bility!! Don’t you love the sound of that!?!
I decided I wanted to spend the first day of 2016 doing something that would set the tone for my year. So it was off to Saadiyat beach I go. My sister and I enjoyed a few hours there, I had a beautiful snooze as she read and I woke up just in time to say goodbye to the first sunset of a new year. I’m in love with ‘firsts’ if you haven’t noticed that about me already! I think I like this kind of ‘tone’ for the year.
What tone would you like for yours?
This last picture is a cool marketing gig by 9News that picks the best 9 pictures on Instagram based on likes. I loved mine coz it really does give a snapshot of the highlights of my 2015. Well, there were lots more I assure you (and I’m assuring myself)…I’m happy with these 9 for sure.
- 1- When Be You cards hit the shelves at Magrudy’s and I saw them there for the first time in the same section along with Tony Robbins and Oprah, and I did the happy dance, Right There.
- 2- When I renewed my business paperwork and got all set at the municipality in Abu Dhabi.
- 3- Celebrating my 40th in Ireland and listening to great talent at an open mic night.
- 4- My second women retreat’s cake!
- 5- Twenty years back in Switzerland (doesn’t count as 2015 I know).
- 6- At Be You International’s first women retreat in Qasr Al Sarab.
- 7- Inspiring youth at Sorbonne University.
- 8- Last day of my trip in Sri Lanka, dodging a storm.
- 9- Shopping day in Sri Lanka, flashing my new bling that says ‘Love’.